Thursday, February 26, 2009

I am completely elated, says Rahman - National News Updates

After receiving a huge reception in Mumbai and Chennai, Speaking exclusively to Dhanya Rajendran, the music maestro expressed joy and said that there are many more things to come his way.

Dhanya: How does it feel now that you are back in Chennai?

Rahman: I am completely overwhelmed and touched. The kind of people who have gathered here and the kind of reception I received was amazing. They almost killed me with their love. But it feels great to be back.

Dhanya: Has the whole feeling sunk in?

Rahman: For me, I was rehearsing three days on stage so it felt like a rehersal and reharsal and finally a take thing. By the time you are exhausted. I knew that millions of people were watching this and I thank all of them for their great love and having embraced my music.

Dhanya: When you won the Golden Globe, you said I would now wish to bag an Oscar. When you on the second Oscar, what went through your mind?

Rahman: Well I won the second Oscar. I wanted to give a biggers message that we go through so many things and we have this love and hatred, whether its people state, language or religion. When I gave the message that I was given a choice to choose between hate and love and I chose love, I did not know that all the actors and directors in Hollywood would love that statement so much.

It is a great starting point in my career for making a lot of difference in music and the way people think about music.

Dhanya: What is your message to hundred of people who have gathered here?

Rahman: Message is very clean. It is to choose love over hate. In anything, be it music or life. That is what makes life bareable.

(Interviewed by Dhanya Rajendran)

No comments: